Recruiting Process Assessments: You Don’t Know What You Don’t KnowApril 19, 2023
HR’s Role in Mental HealthMay 3, 2023
In this episode, JoDee and Susan discuss supporting mothers as they return to work with Lori Mihalich-Levin, CEO of Mindful Return. They also talk to JoDee’s daughter Keeli and her husband Magnus about their experiences as expecting parents in Sweden and how they think parenthood will affect their work lives.
- A U.S. Census Bureau study exploring labor force participation of new mothers
- Lori’s experiences as a lawyer and mom and how she started doing work in this area
- The most common challenges among new parents returning to work
- How employers can support new parents through this major life transition
- Why it’s important to encourage both moms and dads to take parental leave
- Strategies for dealing with the inner conflict between kids and career
- One step Lori made that boosted her joy at work
- Sweden’s new parent regulations
- Worries and expectations that Keeli and Magnus have around returning to work after baby
- Keeli and Magnus’ suggestions for simple things employers can do that would make a world of difference for new parents
In this episode’s listener mail, we’re asked how to approach a manager who’s very resistant to virtual learning. In the news, a recent survey found that 50% of workers experience the “Sunday scaries.”
Emily is Purple Ink’s Director of Marketing. She enjoys being able to exercise both her creative side and her analytical side, and as a Learner, loves helping to create new services and tactics and discovering the best ways to share them with the community.