Unleashing the Power of Action by Navigating Post-HR Assessment TransformationJuly 26, 2023
Embracing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: The Vital Role of Policy Review and DEIB AssessmentsAugust 1, 2023
In this episode, JoDee and Susan discuss the ADA with experts Kim Dinwiddie and Jackie Gessner.
- ADA’s purpose, what it covers, and who it applies to
- How to respond when leaders think it’s unfair for an employee to have “special privileges”
- How the increased focus on mental health affects employers in terms of ADA
- What the interactive process is and how to navigate it
- How hybrid and flexible work arrangements benefit both employers and employees regarding ADA
- New legal requirements around disabilities and workplace accommodations
- Where employers often fail to address accommodation requests
- What employers should know to make them more comfortable about asking the right questions
- What limits apply to workplace accommodations
- Whether employers are required to provide time off as an accommodation
In this episode’s listener question, we’re asked how to make the best of having a micromanaging boss who doesn’t take feedback well. In the news, remote and hybrid work options remain a priority for new grads seeking jobs.