Video: Tips from a Career Coach – Consider How You Present YourselfJanuary 5, 2024
Podcast: Making Remote Work Work: Productivity and Collaboration When You Work from HomeJanuary 15, 2024
How You Can Leverage Outsourced Recruiting to Reach Your Recruiting Goals
In today’s dynamic and competitive business landscape, companies are constantly seeking innovative solutions to enhance their operational efficiency and gain a competitive edge. One such strategic approach that has gained prominence in recent years is outsourcing. Whether it’s outsourcing a department, a function, an HR role, or recruiting, companies are thinking differently about how to get the work done. At Purple Ink, we are seeing an uptick in demand for fractional/outsourced HR and recruiting, all the way up to the CFO position. By contracting or hiring people who are experts on a part-time or temporary basis, they can afford to get more expertise.
Sometimes companies cringe at the idea of outsourcing because they envision it as offshore recruiting. They rightfully worry about the personalization that candidates may feel from this process. However, it’s important to not limit yourself to thinking that it must be that kind of an arrangement. You can partner with a local company or even individual consultants who are professional, and it will feel seamless to the candidate.
Advantages of Outsourced Recruiting
Let’s delve into the key advantages that make outsourcing recruitment a strategic move to help with your talent acquisition process.
- Expertise and Specialization: Outsourced recruiting arrangements can bring industry expertise and specialization, ensuring top-tier talent acquisition tailored to your organization’s unique needs.
- Cost Savings: Perhaps you can’t add another person to the payroll during certain seasonal times, or someone goes on a leave. Enjoy significant savings by paying for services as needed, especially beneficial for businesses with fluctuating hiring needs.
- Time Efficiency: Outsourced recruiters streamline the hiring process, swiftly identifying and engaging potential candidates to reduce time-to-fill for open positions.
- Access to a Global Talent Pool: If you have global hiring needs, a local firm or consultant can expand your talent search globally, leveraging their knowledge and networks to find the right skills and cultural fit, regardless of where they are on the map.
- Focus on Core Competencies: By outsourcing recruiting, organizations can refocus internal resources on core business functions, enhancing overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Scalability: Is your company growing rapidly and you have some hiring that could be handled easily by a third party? Instead of putting this burden on your current team – and risking burnout with all the extra hours – seek some outside help until the new roles are filled.
What you should look for in a great Outsourced Recruiting partner
- Bring in a trusted partner, with a solid reputation in your community or industry.
- Get an understanding of the value they will bring and how they recruit, and share with them what has worked and not worked in the past.
- Make sure they will represent your company well. Are they dedicating one or two recruiters to your jobs? How many hours a week or month are they working? They should report to someone on your team and be accountable for their activities. Get clear on the metrics and what will make it a successful arrangement for you.
- Your recruiting partner should want to know the culture, values, and goals of the company. They should want to meet the hiring managers and learn what’s important to them. They should share how they woo candidates and can sell the company to candidates.
- Is this recruiter confident in their skills, tools, and leading practices? Can they come in and make recommendations for continued success after they leave?
Outsourced recruiting is a strategic move that delivers a range of benefits, from specialized expertise to cost savings and scalability. We hear from CEOs and hiring managers how there is still a war for talent, and sometimes we must be creative in how we tackle those challenges.
As companies navigate the ever-changing business landscape, embracing the advantages of outsourced recruiting can be key to achieving both short-term and long-term success. By hiring trusted recruiting partners versus low-cost “vendors”, you can redirect your team’s energy and creativity to what really matters: your core business.
Are you interested in learning how Purple Ink can be your trusted partner? Reach out!