Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Training Series
Creating a diverse and inclusive environment makes it acceptable to have differences of opinions, differences of thoughts, and different ways of working. The important task for an organization is to capture this and put it to work. But before an organization can do that, it must first make it a point to understand and accept diversity on a much broader spectrum. Studies have shown that companies that embrace diversity and inclusion as part of their business strategy outperform those companies that do not by almost 25%. By embracing diversity and inclusion and incorporating it into people, operational, and marketing strategies, organizations can create equitable work environments and cultivate belonging while simultaneously outperforming competitors.
Our series utilizes the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), a cross-cultural assessment of intercultural competence that is used to help individuals understand their diversity competency. The IDI Individual Profile Report provides useful feedback to individuals about how they engage cultural diversity and identifies issues that may be impeding them from bridging more effectively across cultural differences. The tool is used to achieve individual, team, and organizational diversity and inclusion goals and outcomes.
This is a six month program that will meet virtually via Zoom on the second Wednesday of each month.
In addition to six training sessions, members of the program will receive:
- The Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) assessment
- A copy of The JoyPowered® Organization
- A certificate of completion
- 20% off in The JoyPowered® Shop
You can join the program for just $1,350!
- April 26, 2023
- May 24, 2023
- June 28, 2023
- July 26, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- September 27, 2023
- Use the IDI assessment to explore diversity competencies
- Understand your level of diversity awareness, its impact on others, and opportunities to advance your skills in understanding different types of people
- Identify strategies for most effectively interacting/communicating with others different from you
- Explore basic definitions of diversity and inclusion and its application to the workplace
- Discuss the business case for diversity and inclusion—how it relates to attracting and retaining talent, absenteeism, productivity, industry market share, and ROI
- Learn to embrace employee perspectives and understand the value they bring to the workplace
- Discuss why we fear differences and the implications this fear has at work
- Understand the impact thought diversity has on coworkers, customers, potential customers, and community
- Understand unconscious bias—what it is, who has it, and how it impacts our work; examine personal backgrounds and identities to interact more authentically with others
- Explore the relationship between unconscious bias and the brain; expose patterns of unconscious bias to navigate the impact on decision-making processes
- Create awareness and discuss the common occurrences and impact of privilege and micro-aggressions on others
- Discover techniques to minimize the occurrence of micro-aggressions and ways to respond when someone has been micro-aggressive
- Discuss methods and strategies to create more inclusive environments and interactions with others; learn to support equity and acceptance at work
- Understand your role in supporting people of all backgrounds and experiences