- This event has passed.
Removing Barriers to Employment
February 19 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$25
Barriers to employment tend to be socially counterproductive and can serve to discriminate against minorities, women, persons with disabilities and older employees. Learning about these barriers and understanding how to remove them promotes equal employment opportunity in the workplace.
In this luncheon course, learn from Brien Shoemaker, Outreach Education Coordinator with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, about general barriers that inhibit equal employment opportunity. Also receive suggestions and ideas on how to create a diverse, productive, and harassment-free workplace.
- Understand the general barriers that inhibit equal employment opportunity
- Learn how to eliminate barriers to employment
- Develop a plan to recruit and hire that is free from barriers to employment
- Develop ideas and plans that would create a culture of civility and respect in your workplace
Brien will provide a 30-40 minute presentation followed by questions and brief discussion. Then we will bring together a panel of experts to offer advice on creating a culture of inclusion.
- Moderator: Erin Brothers – Director of Recruiting and Consulting Services, Purple Ink
- Angela Vandersteen – Manager of Mission Advancement, Tangram
- Brien Shoemaker – Outreach Education Coordinator, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Naw Phaw – Director of Language Services, LUNA Language Services
Lunch will be provided for this event! If you have any dietary needs, please reach out to tiffany@LUNA360.com.
An ASL interpreter will be provided for this event.
SHRM Credit Available
11:00 – 11:30 Lunch is served!
11:30 – 12:15 Brien Shoemaker Presentation
12:15 – 12:45 Panel Discussion
12:45 – 1:00 Additional time for questions and networking